Making the Change.

It's the little things that count.
 
I've always thrown my dirty cycling kit in a pile at the foot of the very nice but never used rocking chair, which is itself piled high with other stuff and therefore unusable. The primary benefit of this system was it was simple and required no expenditure of funds to implement. A downside was putting your bare foot in the middle of a soggy chamois in the middle of the night as you navigated the dark bedroom towards the bathroom. No system is perfect, but this one did the trick for years.
 
In my constant search for marginal gains (AKA gray area doping), I decided to start off the new year with a renewed focus on process improvement. In other words, I went to Walmart and spent the five bucks on a small laundry hamper. It's blue, which I'm sure will be significantly more aerodynamic in wind tunnel testing when compared to the white model.
 
I might one day wistfully long for a simpler time, as my night-time strolls will no longer require cat-like reflexes to avoid crotch-spawned unpleasantness. However, I'm hopeful the sleep gains I make by not being jolted suddenly wide awake by a foot full of squish will result in massive increases of available watts each and every morning- performance bumps previously only seen through a steady regimen of EPO and testosterone supplementation.
 
I can always dream, can't I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.