Rebounding From The Rebound.

After two days of less-than-encouraging trainer workouts, the plague knocked me down again. Maybe I had tried to come back too soon. Maybe it was the germ factory that work has become. Whatever the reason, all I wanted to do was down a gallon of cold medicine, crawl into bed, and sleep for a week straight.
  
So, I took a couple more days off of the bike and tried to get better. It worked, to a degree.
  
When Sunday morning rolled around, I was healthy enough to get up for the 7:00AM road bike session at the Dome. I eased into it finding my legs and rediscovering what it was like to ride a bicycle that actually moved. When I tried a few efforts, the legs felt good, but my sinuses started flowing heavily very time I went above 250W. I'd latch onto a train for a little while, then have to pull off so I could go blow my nose. Oh well, at least I was moving.
  
I had to leave early so I could get to Mighty Mites. It was a relatively cold day on the mountain, made more so by the water that the resort was pumping into the air. Midway through the day I found my daughter in tears because her hands were frozen. She wasn't the only one suffering, so I rushed her through the day's race and drills and got her inside. After a week of fighting the flu I gave her, she was in no shape to be out there. For that matter, neither was I.
  
Hopefully this doesn't make matters worse, because I really don't need another week of misery and fading fitness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.