Paying For Progress.

In my last post, I mentioned the two tons of junk I threw away. What I didn't mention was how much that hurt.
 
Needless to say, I didn't ride that day. I took my remaining Percocet, licked the bottle clean, and then crawled into a coma.

 
I didn't ride the next day either. Rain was failing intermittently, and the cooler temperatures and moisture in the air just made me ache. Riding very possibly could have made me feel better, but I was past the threshold of attempting those first few steps. All I wanted to do was stay as still and warm as possible. My wife was less than thrilled with my lack of mobility, given my impending extended trip and the fact that this was the last weekend before it. I tried to get up and out with the family, but I think my efforts fell short.
 
I did manage to get the new titanium frame mostly built up once the kids were in bed. Cables run, bars taped- it actually looks almost like a bike. I needed epoxy for the SRM magnet, so I decided to stop work for the night. The bike will be finished in the next couple of days, and then I should have a couple opportunities to test ride it before I pack it up.
  
Because of the extended nature of this trip, I'm probably going to bring a few more tools than usual to take care of issues that may crop up. Despite owning a couple mortgage payments worth of blue bike tools, I won't require most of them to maintain this bike. That's the beauty of not conforming to current hi-tech bike design trends. If it can't fit into a small tool roll, chances are I won't need it.
 
By the time I went to bed, I was aching again. My youngest son didn't want to go to sleep, so I tried to get him to settle down by laying next to his toddler bed. That didn't help things with the shoulder, but eventually he ran out of steam and I was able to try to get to sleep.
  
I have a feeling I will be paying for this weekend's progress for a few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.